Tuesday 25 September 2012

September 9, 2012

Today a tree was planted at the C.M. Wilson Conservation Area in memory of my Dad and all of the others who have passed away in Chatham-Kent during the past year.  I have to admit, I have had mixed emotions about this day.  I can't help feeling some anger, this shouldn't be happening.  I shouldn't be seeing my Dad's name on this list of people for whom these trees are planted for.  It's just not right, he was too young, he should still be here with us.  Why? 

Once I am able to stop feeling sorry for myself, I remember that this is all part of the Plan and that my Dad is still touching many people even though he's gone.  This tree is just another way that we can remember him.  I am also very thankful for the people who were here with us today, Aunt Dina, Uncle Gus, Uncle John, Aunt Eileen, Uncle Ralph and Aunt Anne, all of you are very special to me and often are able to give me a little hug or a smile that always seems to fill that big hole that has been left.





This bagpiper started off the ceremony.




I believe there were nine trees planted in all, and each person was able to put a shovel full of dirt in the hole for the tree.  Here's Ava pushing the dirt in...


And Claire throwing some dirt into the hole.




Then after, we went back to the farm, Mike cut the grass and we stayed for dinner.



Ava tucking her baby in for a nap in the barn. 






No comments:

Post a Comment